Reduced entry fee program
Reduced Entry Fee Program
for students and new entrants to the Ontario power sector
APPrO understands that people starting out in a new field sometime need a helping hand. That’s why we are making a reduced fee option available to a limited number of students, new entrants to the Ontario power sector, and other particularly deserving individuals.
Special reduced Delegate rates for APPrO 2016 will be offered to a limited number of qualifying individuals who would like to attend the conference but find the registration fee a little beyond their means.
A number of terms and conditions apply, as outlined in the detailed explanations below.
There are four ways to participate:
1. Reduced Delegate and Student Registration Fee
In order to qualify for the reduced rate, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
a) Be a non-employed student in good standing at a recognized educational institution, or in the judgment of APPrO represent a particularly deserving individual and an outstanding candidate with a compelling reason to be selected above other applicants for the reduced entry fee program
b) Not be eligible to have conference registration fees paid by employer or other agency
c) Be actively engaged in the electricity sector in some capacity
d) Have not registered as a delegate to APPrO’s annual Canadian Power Conference in the last three years
e) Have not been a member of APPrO during the last three years.
f) The applicant must submit documentation to APPrO explaining his or her interest in the field and the reasons for requesting reduced fee registration by October 21.
g) APPrO’s deliberations on the applications will be private and its decisions will be final and not be subject to any kind of review.
Please see additional terms below:
Please note: The number of Delegate registrations available at subsidized rates is extremely limited and will be terminated without notice once the offer is fully subscribed.
3. Register in the Power Networking Centre through one of our collaborating organizations
APPrO’s collaborating organization partners, (which included Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries and Women in Renewable Energy as of June 28, 2016) have arranged for preferred rates to access the programming at the Power Networking Centre. If you are associated with one of these institutions, you can ask them to include you amongst their membership for the purposes of registration in the Power Networking Centre (PNC). If agreeable, they will send you information on how to register online at the preferred rates. (Prepayment online is required for this form of registration.)
4. Complimentary access to the Power Networking Centre and the Creative Disruption Symposium is available to anyone registered as a guest of a Sponsor
Sponsors (including Exhibiting Sponsors) are entitled to specify a number of guests to whom Power Networking Centre passes will be given. If you are working with one of the sponsors or sponsor/ exhibitors, or wish to visit under their auspices, please ask them to register your name with APPrO 2016 as a complimentary guest.
For this form of access please ensure you are registered online by November 4.
5. Women in Power Bursary for young women studying and working in the power sector
APPrO, in conjunction with WiRE (Women in Renewable Energy) is offering bursaries for three young women studying and/or working in the sector, for full registration at APPrO 2016. Click here for more information and qualification and application details. Deadline is October 21.
5. Young Professionals in Energy Bursary for young professionals or those studying and working in the power sector
APPrO, in conjunction with YPE (Young Professionals in Energy – Toronto) is offering bursaries for two young professionals studying and/or working in the sector, for full registration at APPrO 2016. Click here for more information and qualification and application details.
Additional conditions applicable to Option #1 above:
1. This offer is not available to previous APPrO members or customers.
2. Reduced fee delegates receive access to the banquet dinner on an as-space-is-available basis. In other words, access to the banquet is not guaranteed.
4. The selection of reduced entry fee recipients is at APPrO’s sole discretion and APPrO’s decisions on the recipients of reduced entrance fee options are final.
5. In many cases prior verification is necessary to activate these options. Therefore, please submit any applications or requests of this nature by October 21 and allow at least one week after that date for processing by APPrO.
Click here for more information on the APPrO 2016 Conference and Power Networking Centre.
Click here for more information on APPrO.