Reduced entry fee program
for students and new entrants to the Ontario power sector
APPrO is aware that those starting out in a new field can sometimes use a helping hand. So we've created a special reduced fee option which will be available to a limited number of students, new entrants to the Ontario power sector, and other individuals who meet a set of criteria outlined below.
A number of terms and conditions apply, as outlined in the detailed explanations below. There are four ways to participate:
1. Reduced Delegate and Student Registration Fee
In order to qualify for the reduced rate, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
a) Be a non-employed student in good standing at a recognized educational institution, or in the judgment of APPrO represent a particularly deserving individual and an outstanding candidate with a compelling reason to be selected above other applicants for the reduced entry fee program
b) Not be eligible to have conference registration fees paid by employer or other agency
c) Be actively engaged in the electricity sector in some capacity
d) Have not registered as a delegate to APPrO’s annual Canadian Power Conference in the last three years
e) Have not been a member of APPrO during the last three years.
f) The applicant must submit documentation to APPrO explaining his or her interest in the field and the reasons for requesting reduced fee registration by October 18, 2019.
g) APPrO’s deliberations on the applications will be private and its decisions will be final and not be subject to any kind of review.
h) Please see additional terms and conditions below.
Please note: The number of Delegate registrations available at subsidized rates is extremely limited and will be terminated without notice once the offer is fully subscribed.
3. Register in the Power Networking Centre through one of our collaborating organizations
APPrO’s collaborating organization partners will arrange for preferred rates to access the Power Networking Centre and some programming to run parallel to the Annual Conference program. If you are associated with one of these institutions (see a full list of our sponsors and partners here), you can ask them to include you amongst their membership for the purposes of registration in the Power Networking Centre. If agreeable, they will send you information on how to register online at the preferred rates. (Prepayment online is required for this form of registration.)
4. Access to the Power Networking Centre is available to anyone registered as a guest of an Exhibitor
Tabletop Sponsors at the APPrO Power Networking Centre are entitled to specify a number of guests to whom Power Networking Centre passes will be given. If you are working with one of the Tabletop sponsors and would like to have access provided in this fashion, please ask them to register your name with APPrO 2019 as a complimentary guest. For this form of access please ensure you are registered by October 26.
5. Women in Power Bursary for young women studying and working in the power sector
APPrO, in conjunction with WiRE (Women in Renewable Energy) is offering bursaries for three young women working and/or studying in the sector, for full registration at APPrO 2019. See the APPrO 2019 conference website for more details including qualification and application details. Deadline is October 18.
Additional conditions applicable to Option #1 above:
1. This offer is not available to previous APPrO members or customers.
2. Reduced fee delegates receive access to the banquet dinner on an as-space-is-available basis. In other words, access to the banquet is not guaranteed.
4. The selection of reduced entry fee recipients is at APPrO’s sole discretion and APPrO’s decisions on the recipients of reduced entrance fee options are final.
5. In many cases prior verification is necessary to activate these options. Therefore, please submit any applications or requests of this nature by October 18 and allow at least one week after that date for processing by APPrO.
Find more information on the APPrO 2019 Conference and Power Networking Centre.
Discover more about APPrO here.